Business & invest,
Why do business here
Big Love for Local Biz Competition
October 6, 2021
Small business owners, we want you!
Be a part of a free photoshoot and #supportlocal marketing opportunity – open to all small business owners on the Gold Coast.
Times have been tough for small biz lately, so it’s time to share some love!
- 40 small businesses will be selected at random
- Join a photoshoot on either Monday 25 or Tuesday 26 October
- Up to 3 representatives from each business
- Photos will be shared on @wearegcsocial Facebook and Instagram with tags to your business
- You’ll be included in shout-outs as part of our campaign to #supportlocal during November and December
- You’ll receive a high resolution digital copy of your photo
Terms and Conditions
1. This competition (“Competition”) is conducted by the Council of the City of Gold Coast of 9 Karp Court, Bundall, Queensland (“Promoter”). This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook.
2. Entry to the Competition constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. All entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of these terms and conditions.
3. The Competition is only open to individuals who:
(i) Are owners or operators of a business registered in the Gold Coast Local Government Area;
(ii) Have less than 19 employees;
(iii) Are compliant with current Council legislation and not undergoing investigation for Development or Building Approval;
(iv) Who operate within the following industries:
b. professional services,
c. manufacturers, makers and creators
d. food and drink producers and processors,
e. artists, musicians and creatives
f. fitness, wellness and beauty
(v) Who are not employees of the Promoter or any of its related corporations or any of their agencies associated with the Competition;
(vi) Who are over 18 years of age and upon the request of the Promoter, provide written consent to be bound by these terms and conditions (“Entrant”).
4. A minimum of two (2) Entrants from each of the fourteen (14) Divisions of the Gold Coast Local Government Area will be included.
5. The Competition commences at midday AEST Wednesday 06/10/2021 and closes at Midnight on Wednesday 13/10/2021. Final entries must be submitted before Midnight (“Entry Period”).
6. Except as otherwise indicated, all amounts stated in these conditions are stated in Australian dollars.
7. There is no cost to enter the Competition; however internet connection and usage rates may apply. Entrants should obtain details of such costs from their service providers. The Promoter is not and will not be liable for any such costs.
8. Entries must be received during the Entry Period. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or for any delays or failures in any telecommunications service or equipment.
9. The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare an Entry made by an Entrant invalid if the Entrant tampers with the entry process, benefits from such tampering or submits an Entry that is illegible, incomplete or not in accordance with these terms and conditions. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion.
10. Only one entry per business will be accepted.
11. At the conclusion of the Entry Period, forty (40) Entries will be selected as the prize winner of the Competition (the “Prize Winner”), by a random result generator. As such this Competition is a game of chance.
12. The Prize Winners shall be announced by COB on Monday 18/10/2021 via direct message on social media. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding upon all Entrants. Further correspondence will be provided in relation to the photoshoot scheduled for Monday 25/10/2021 and Tuesday 26/10/2021.
How to enter
13. To enter, eligible individuals must:
a. Meet the Entrant criteria specified in the Terms and Conditions.
b. Comment on the We Are Gold Coast Facebook or Instagram Competition post with the name of your business or a small local business that you would like to nominate.
Incorrect entries submitted will be disqualified. (Entries will not be accepted through any other channel other than that specified).
These tasks will constitute one Entry. Only one entry per business will be accepted. Forty winners will be chosen in total.
Prizes and winners
14. The Prize Winners will be notified via the Promoter’s Facebook or Instagram account no later than COB on Monday 18/10/2021. The Prize Winners notification will state the prize that has been won and will include instructions as to how the Prize Winners are to claim the prize and establish his/her entitlement to it. Each Prize Winner must be able to prove to the Promoter’s satisfaction, that he/she satisfies the requirements of being an Entrant pursuant to condition 3 of these Terms and Conditions.
15. Each Prize Winner will forfeit the prize if she/he does not claim the prize by contacting the Promoter within forty-eight (48) hours of it being made available for his/her collection.
16. Prizes include:
A photo opportunity at Level One Seventeen in Nerang on either Monday 25/10/2021 or Tuesday 26/10/2021.
At least one high-resolution copy of your photo provided digitally for your use.
Inclusion in the ‘Big Love for Local Biz’ marketing campaign run by We Are Gold Coast from October – November 2021. This may include: your photo used on We Are Gold Coast social media channels and website; digital advertising placements across multiple Australian websites; print and/or outdoor advertising placements across local and national publications.
Estimated Prize value $250 each.
17. Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for the answer (“Content”) they submit. The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever. Entrants warrant and agree that: (a) they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, discriminatory, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication; (b) they will obtain full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the Content, to the uses and terms herein; (c) their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity; (d) they will comply with the terms and conditions of use as required by Facebook; and (e) they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others’ computer or communication systems. Without limiting any other terms herein, the Entrant indemnifies the Promoter for any loss, damage or claim suffered by the Promoter or by any third party arising from a breach of these terms.
18. If for any reason the conduct or operation of the Competition is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend or recommence the Competition.
19. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for: (i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any Entrant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise, (ii) any theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of such communications; (iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition; (iv) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of administering this Competition (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise); (v) any delay in delivery, or failure of safe delivery of the prize.
Release for promotional activities
20. By entering in the contest, the Winner agrees that the Promoter may post the Winner’s entry on the We Are Gold Coast’s own Facebook or Instagram page or We Are Gold Coast website.
Exclusion of liability
22. If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
23. Any cost associated with accessing Facebook and mobile applications is the Entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The use of any automated software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
24. All Entrants enter the Competition at their own risk and the Prize Winners accept the prizes at his or her own risk. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and any of their personnel (the “Relevant Parties”) exclude all liability for and Entrants indemnify the Promoter in respect of, any loss (including damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Entrant in connection with the Competition or prize.
25. Where an Entrant provides personal information to the Promoter, noting that the Entrant’s participation in the competition is voluntary, the personal information will be used by the Promoter to administer the competition in accordance with these terms and conditions. Entrant’s personal information will be stored securely and except as provided for in these terms and conditions, will not be given to any other person or agency unless you have given us permission or we are authorised or required by law.