The Triennial Funding Program provides three years of funding for local arts and cultural organisations.
The City of Gold Coast Arts Organisations Triennial Funding Program (AOTFP) provides three years of funding for local arts and cultural organisations. The program invests in organisations to support the development of new work, innovation, artistic excellence and cultural leadership.
Under the 2022-24 program, $2.1 million will be invested in twelve Gold Coast organisations:
- The Farm – an award-winning collective of dance and theatre artists, creating innovative work through collaboration. Funding will support the company to grow its repertoire, expand touring opportunities.
- Everybody NOW– socially engaged, contemporary arts with a focus on performance-driven projects. Funding will support the company to bring people and connect with local communities through art.
- Shock Therapy Productions – a physical theatre and performance company developing innovative and transformative arts experiences. Funding will support engagement of a creative producer amongst other initiatives.
- Blank Gold Coast (Music Gold Coast) – Blank is the Gold Coast’s Magazine of the Year for two years running. We tell the stories that need to be told about the city’s emerging creative workers as well as music, art and lifestyle news with a difference.
- Karul Projects – a performing arts company that tells more stories of indigenous knowledge and its relevance and responsibility in modern and future Australia’s identity. Karul Projects is creating reconciliation through it’s art.
- Somerset Storyfest – a leading children’s literature festival that is growing to encompass the broader community. Funding will support a series of literary events writers’ festival, workshops and masterclasses.
- SWELL Sculpture Festival – Queensland’s largest outdoor sculpture exhibition, which presents high quality outdoor art and cultural events, connecting people, art and place. SWELL contributes to arts and cultural education training and development.
- Gold Coast Film Fantastic (Gold Coast Film Festival) – bringing diverse Australian and International films, filmmakers and screen events to the Gold Coast. Funding will support the promotion and skills development of emerging local and Australian filmmakers.
- ARC Circus Co – a multi-faceted international performing arts company that celebrates and creates extraordinary stories, bringing them to our audiences through the power of circus, dance, and theatre. A multi-talented group of individuals bound by art, invention, and curiosity.
- Corrina Bonshek and Collaborators – an Australian composer and creative producer who makes music-art events for festivals, writes concert music and likes to collaborate across musical genres, cultures and traditions.
- Gold Coast Multicultural Arts Group in Collaboration (GC MAGIC) – a not-for-profit culture and arts organisation to showcase the artistic abilities of local artists in particular from CALD backgrounds. To promote and foster community arts on the Gold Coast and integrate artists from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Mint Art House – the Gold Coast’s freshest artist-run studio, gallery and event space. Home to 16 artists, ranging from ceramicists to painters, to sculptors; Mint is a collaborative studio that hosts artist-run workshops and exhibitions to the public.