Grants and packages
Essential grants and support packages are an important part of the support for local business owners.
Over many years the City has introduced stimulus programs for essential industry sectors, such as construction and tourism, which are major employers on the Gold Coast. The economic health of these essential industries impacts the entire business community.
The timing and nature of the incentives vary depending on the circumstances for their implementation. A full list of the current available grants or support packages is available here.
- The 2021 Covid-19 Business Support Grant is supported by the Commonwealth and Queensland Governments, applications open mid-August for a $5,000 grant to small and medium businesses operating on the Gold Coast affected by the August 2021 lockdown.
- The City of Gold Coast has put together a package of initiatives to support the Gold Coast’s road to recovery through COVID-19 impacts
- The Investment Attraction Program is designed for export-focused and knowledge-based businesses looking to either expand or relocate to the Gold Coast.
- Queensland Government grants are also readily available for eligible businesses from gourmet food producers to major hi-tech collaborations.
- The Small Business Digital Grants Program can help you work smarter with funding for digital technologies and services to make the most of online business opportunities.
- The Small Business Entrepreneur Grants Program is designed to provide businesses access professional advice and support in the critical early stages of establishing a business.
- The Small Business Artisan Producer Grants Program provides assistance to artisan producers of gourmet food, including non-alcoholic beverages, providing support to access new market opportunities and develop their expertise in food production.
- The Film Industry Payroll Tax Rebate is attracting more feature film and television productions to the Gold Coast.
- The IndustryTech Fund provides financial incentives to larger-scale co-funded projects that accelerate the development and deployment of significant and highly collaborative industry-based platform technology projects.
- The Queensland Destination Events Program is aimed at generating local economic activity and development for events held in our city.
- The Attracting Tourism Fund is generating new tourism investment in the city, supporting further growth in one of the key economic pillars.
For more local business support and resources visit here.