The Gold Coast is a natural fit for events boasting large-scale modern infrastructure and a natural setting perfect for any occasion.
From grand international spectacles such as global sporting events and rock concerts featuring international superstars, to major conferences or university symposiums, we’ve got it all.
The Gold Coast’s diverse events calendar delivers high visitation across the city year-round with a program that attracts sporting, music, arts and popular culture fans from across the world. The city’s business events sector alone contributes over $570 million to the economy and is poised to grow.
The Gold Coast offers some of the most exciting and diverse event venues in the country, regularly attracting record visitor numbers. From spectacular events staged in our theme parks, to a myriad of competitive conference facilities in our vibrant hotels, major sporting stadiums, exhibition centres, marinas, racecourses and more. Of course, with approximately 300 days of sunshine each year, our most popular event spaces continue to be outdoors among the city’s natural beauty.
- Home to Cbus Super Stadium, Metricon Stadium, Aquis Gold Coast Turf Club and the Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre which seat over 83,000 spectators collectively.
- Five internationally recognised theme parks each with dedicated event spaces.
- Gold Coast Cultural Precinct complete with a new $60.5 million art gallery and $37.5 million outdoor stage and concert lawn.
- More than 25,000 square metres of conference space across the city.
- Highly competitive hotel industry collectively offering over 42,000 beds.
- Thousands of vibrant restaurants, bars, breweries, markets and boutiques event studios.
- 2,312 City managed parks covering 16,474 hectares.
- Six City managed major sporting venues including: Gold Coast Sports and Leisure Centre, Coomera Indoor Sports Centre, Carrara Indoor Sports Stadium, Runaway Bay Indoor Stadium, Gold Coast Sports Precinct and the Gold Coast Cycle Centre.
- More than 35 golf courses – the highest number of golf courses per capita in Australia.
- 22 Surf Life Saving Clubs.
- Eight Aquatic Centres including the world-class Gold Coast Aquatic Centre which is used for major national and international sporting events.
- Nine premier marinas with capabilities for superyachts and major boating events and over 200 kilometres of navigable waterways.
- Hundreds of activities, tours and attractions to leverage for unique event experiences.
- 52 kilometres of beaches and ocean views.
- Approximately 300 days of sunshine per year to enjoy outdoor events.
Travelling around the Gold Coast is a breeze. Our linear geography and proximity to the Pacific Motorway, two international airports, train and light rail services as well as the HOPO city ferry service and numerous active travel programs, you will never be far from the action.