Manufacturing is a $2.65 billion industry shaping the Gold Coast. It is the city’s third largest sector, behind healthcare and construction.
Manufacturing on the Gold Coast is a significant export earner, delivering products from luxury motor yachts to mining equipment, car accessories, and healthcare products to the world. The industry employs almost 23,000 people with that number growing at an average of almost 5 per cent a year.
Various Gold Coast businesses are elevating their manufacturing capabilities through robotics, automation and artificial intelligence. This innovative technology is creating world-class, cutting-edge products, such as helicopter simulators (Ryan Aerospace) and large scale casino LED displays (Simtech).
Meet some of our Gold Coast manufacturers
- Gilmour Space Technologies – a venture-backed space company manufacturing new hybrid-engine rockets and associated technology.
- Riviera – Australia’s largest manufacturer of luxury motor yachts, and a company with a global reputation for building world-class products.
- Telwater – the country’s largest producer of aluminium boats and trailers.
- Bustech – part of the Transit Australia Group, manufactures buses for national and global public transport operators from its Burleigh Heads factory.
- Mexx Engineering – an emerging high-tech manufacturing company tapping into the global demand for robotics and automation by producing specialist devices for clients in manufacturing industries, food and beverage production, pharmaceuticals and construction.
- Digga – Australia’s largest earthmoving attachment manufacturer.
- Triple M – are forging exporting relationships through the production of more than 35,000 ute tray bodies annually.
- Turner’s Engineering – manufactures machinery for the mining sector.
- Real Pet Food Company – a Gold Coast success story with a global footprint, manufacturing dry food, wet food, fresh and chilled recipes pet treats.
- Ashton – the nation’s largest coffin and casket maker.
- Midway Metals – Australia’s largest independent stainless-steel manufacturer.
- Ryan Aerospace – specialises in the design, manufacture and through-life support of helicopter and fixed wing flight simulators for military, civil and commercial operations.
- Simtech – large scale LED displays for casinos, stadiums and entertainment venues using a range of developing visual technologies.
Yatala Enterprise Area
The Yatala Enterprise Area (YEA) is the industrial engine room of the God Coast. The 3,300 hectare precinct is home to some of Australia’s leading manufactures in food and beverage, construction materials, machinery and equipment, plastic and chemicals as well as warehousing, transport and distribution.