It is hard to ignore our rich sporting heritage that has continued to grow since the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games.
From the south to the north, the Gold Coast enjoys an enduring legacy of state-of-the-art facilities that keep our sporting heritage alive.
At the heart of our sporting city is the premier Gold Coast Sports Precinct at Carrara, with its 5000 seat multi-purpose sports and leisure centre, complemented by Metricon Stadium.
Constructed for use in the 2018 Commonwealth Games, the precinct comprises multiple arenas of world-class competition and training facilities which is still host to many national and international sporting events including rugby union, rugby league, AFL, soccer, baseball, basketball, cricket, netball and more.
The Gold Coast Sports Precinct also offers a large range of facilities to support community, cultural and entertainment events including function rooms, change rooms and administrative facilities.
- Metricon Stadium – (capacity 25,000) the official home of the Gold Coast Suns AFL. The venue also hosts other sporting events including the cricket as well as concerts and festivals.
- Gold Coast Sports and Leisure Centre – (capacity 5,000) a basketball and netball venue that is used by Gold Coast Basketball and includes the Gold Coast Suns training/administration facilities as well as a synthetic grass oval.
- Carrara Indoor Stadium – (capacity 2,962) a multipurpose venue featuring several sprung wooden courts.
- Nine outdoor community fields and four elite fields – predominately used for AFL training and soccer.
- Emerald Lakes Golf Club – an 18-hole golf course and driving range.
- KDV Sport Academy – a golf and tennis academy that includes a 12-hole golf course and 20 clay tennis courts.
- Over 1,200 car parking spaces.