Gold Coast schools are among the finest in Australia. Not only will your young ones receive a world-class education, they will be nurtured and supported in fulfilling their greatest potential.
Types of primary schools include government schools and non-government schools, including faith-based and independent private colleges, all of which follow the Australian Curriculum. The city also offers primary schools based on educational philosophies such as Montessori and Steiner.
Generally, government run schools are available only to those students you live nearby in the ‘school catchment’ area. Independent schools and private colleges do not usually require students to live in catchment, although other enrolment criteria may be required.
Our primary schools do more than just educate students. They prepare them for life − developing communication skills, self-discipline and respect for themselves, their peers and their world.
Gold Coast primary schools offer a framework for students to excel:
- Small class sizes (a maximum of 30 students in a class).
- University-trained and qualified teachers and specialist teachers in subject areas.
- High quality facilities – including leading technology, with all schools having computers and internet access.
- ‘Gifted and talented’ programs to extend students who are high achievers.
- Individual learning programs for students who require additional learning support.
- Quality assurance frameworks where schools must meet required standards.
- School counsellors and student welfare support teams
- English as a second language support staff and programs